Friday, April 5, 2013

It's been nearly two years. In no particular order:


  • We survived the loss of Kristina. Her character, Salis, is a broken person after being petrified by the corrupted Korran d'Velderan and is about to serve as a plot point. 
  • Hijinks have ensued, leading the heroes of the Tales game to finally understand their predicament - at least in part.
  • I've started reading Google+ gaming communities with a mix of interest and revulsion. More on that some other time.
  • I confess to not understanding the attraction to elf, dwarf, and halfling as classes. It didn't make sense when I was eight, and it doesn't make sense at 42.
  • That said, there is some fantastic game design in the OSR community, still, despite the collapse-in-progress.
  • I am still self-identifying primarily as a "game master," not a "father" or "husband" or "producer" or "Imagineer." Note: in all of those guises I am a story teller.
  • I don't have enough time to run the games I want, unless I sacrifice more of one of those other four identities.
  • I am married to a wonderful artist - she tells stories through her pen, brush, and keyboard as an artist and writer.

That is all for now. Perhaps I will have more to say on the morrow. I feel the need to speak out on a variety of topics, even if no one reads.

No comments: